Chapter Philanthropy & Service
Community service and philanthropy are things very important to the women of Alpha Gamma Delta!
"To welcome the opportunity of contributing the world's work in the community where I am placed because of the joy of service thereby bestowed and talent of leadership multiplied." - The Alpha Gamma Delta Purpose
While each woman in our chapter strives to reach a minimum of 18 service hours per semester, many far surpass that number!
Some of our favorite ways to earn service hours include:
- Adopt-a-spot Clean Up
- Volunteering at the Humane Society
- SIU Dance Marathon
- Relay for Life
- Up 'Til Dawn
- Blood Drives
- And so much more!
In 2015, we held our first annual, "Cheesin' With AGD" where we raised over $1,000 in just a few short hours! Since then, "Cheesin'" has become one of our most successful philanthropy events. Every fall we hold "Cheesin' with AGD" and our members make and serve 3 types of grilled cheese.
Some of our smaller philanthropy events include:
- Alpha Grabba-a-Donut: selling donuts under the Faner Breezeway!
- Lemonade and hot chocolate stands around campus
- Selling popsicles on campus
- Fundraising days and Panera, McAllister's, and S&B Burgers in Carbondale!
- Plus supporting other chapters' philanthropy events!